- Full Time
- Coventry, UK
Website Sainsbury's DTD (Digital, Tech, Data)
Digital. Tech. Data. We're on a journey. Changing the way we operate. Giving our teams the freedom to push boundaries.
About this job
The big question: why on earth should a Tech professional like you work for a 150-year-old retail chain? Because we’re on a journey. Changing the way we operate. Learning to think nimble. Giving our teams the time and freedom they need to push boundaries. To create amazing systems and technologies. To give our colleagues and our customers even more incredible experiences.
There are thousands of experts to talk to and learn from. We’ve got data from billions of transactions for our teams to play with. Things get built here. They get made here. They hit customers and colleagues quickly. Welcome to the home of Sainsbury’s Tech.
More about the role:
- We’re looking for a manager with a passion for leading and coaching teams of engineers.
- Someone who can still have technical discussions with their teams and also place their projects into the bigger picture
- A belief in a DevOps culture as we build and own the entire stack, and endeavour to automate as much as possible
- You evangelise the use of automated tests (TDD/BDD) using tools such as Junit, Spock, Gatling and Selenium, where appropriate
- You are self-driven and constantly striving to improve your teams.
- Advocate of agile/lean delivery methodologies.
- Demonstrate and promote positive attitudes and behaviours such as collaboration, learning, sharing, respect and motivation
What we’re looking for:
- A good understanding of a broad array of technologies including (but not limited to): Mainframe, Java, Oracle RPAS, Hadoop, Python and various databases
- Experience designing and building large scale microservice and batch processing workflows using technologies such as ETLs (AbInitio, Informatica, etc.), ESBs (WebMethods, Mulesoft, etc.), Kafka and other data streaming platforms
- Work with structured, semi-structured and unstructured data.
- You’ll champion best practices in continuous integration and delivery.
- Lead, coach and resource a team of cross-functional engineers.
In return you’ll get:
- Colleague discount across the multi-brands – Sainsbury’s, Argos and Habitat
- Holiday allowance
- Bonus scheme
- Pension plan
- Special offers on gym memberships, restaurants, holidays, retail vouchers and more
- Flexible working and job share conversations are encouraged.
- This role will include travel to our Milton Keynes office
Across our multi-brands, we’re proud to be an equal opportunities employer that champions a diverse and inclusive culture. If you’re reading this, even if you’re not 100% sure you’re there with your experience, we’d still love to hear from you. If you’d like to find out more head to Sainsbury’s Tech
Life at Sainsbury’s DTD (Digital, Tech, Data)
About Sainsbury’s DTD
Powering the UK’s No.1 Multi-Channel, Multi-Brand Retailer
We’re on a journey to create amazing systems and technologies that will impact customers’ and colleagues’ digital experiences. And with the UK’s largest loyalty scheme, a huge online platform and millions of customers, 70% of people in the UK are already touched by our far-reaching, important work.
We have the nimble thinking of a start-up, backed with the size, influence and 150 years worth of experience and knowledge. Digital, tech and data are at the heart of everything we do.
Our success is framed through our commitment to know our customers better than anyone else can. It’s framed through our commitment to our colleagues – to provide them with genuine autonomy to innovate, experiment, test and learn. We have the resources, knowledge and experience to make your innovations a reality.
We’re putting digital at the heart of everything we do. We’re harnessing and harmonising the capabilities across our multi-brands. And we’re improving the experience for our colleagues and customers.
Take our Experience Design, where designers and researchers are creating and iterating new and exciting digital products and services that shape the future of shopping.
Or Product Ownership, where the team bring fresh new products and initiatives to the business.
Not forgetting E-Commerce: the team at the forefront of digital innovation, making our customers’ lives easier – whenever they shop.
We’re in a fascinating, ever-changing, ever-accelerating digital landscape. It calls for bold, curious, nimble and talented people who love nothing more than delivering for customers and colleagues time after time.
We’re a multi-channel, multi-brand business with the UK’s largest loyalty scheme, a huge online platform and millions of customers.
All in all, this is 1.2 billion transactions, throwing up a volume, depth and complexity of data that few can match. And through the insights gained, we help shape the way the nation shops.
Here you’ll have space to play, analyse and problem-solve. And we have hundreds of experts for you to talk to and learn from while you do so.
Combine this scale with our experimental approach to work and in-built dynamism, and you get a special kind of rational magic – where you’ll make millions of customers’ and colleagues’ lives easier, better, healthier and greener.
- 10% discount at Sainsbury’s and Argos, plus 25% discount at Habitat
- Annual bonus scheme
- Pension – Plus free life cover, equating to a year’s pay
- Holiday allowance which grows as your career does
- “Love it” – The home for hundreds of exclusive discounts and savings
- Season ticket loan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee assistance programme
- Enhanced maternity leave after 1 years’ service
To apply for this job please visit sainsburys.jobs.