- Cologne, Germany
QuantCo leverages expertise in data science, engineering, and economics to help organizations turn data into decisions. Join us!
About this job
As a software engineer at QuantCo, you will build robust and scalable solutions with tangible impact. With full ownership, you will design end-to-end solutions that integrate our industry-leading models into our clients’ businesses. As owner of the process and the code base, you will be responsible for the whole engineering project cycle from high-level system design and prototyping to application development and data integration. In this role, you will bridge the worlds of IT infrastructure and data science. You will work with our clients to understand their technical setups and solicit constant feedback from both clients and colleagues to improve our products with rapid iteration cycles. As such, you will ensure that our solutions provide continuous value to our clients.
We are looking for team players with an entrepreneurial mindset that will bring:
- Ability to write clean, effective, and production-ready code,
- Familiarity with data structures, storage systems, cloud infrastructure, front-end frameworks, and similar concepts/tools,
- Demonstrated ability to learn continuously, work independently, and make smart decisions with minimal supervision,
- Adaptability to work effectively in interdisciplinary teams of technical and non-technical individuals with different cultural backgrounds,
- Business proficiency in English
- Understanding of how technical decisions impact end-users,
- Conversational proficiency in German is an asset in our German and Swiss offices, but is not required.
- Willingness to travel
Life at QuantCo
We leverage expertise in data science, engineering, and economics to help organizations turn data into decisions. Started by 4 PhDs from Harvard and Stanford, we are now more than 70 professionals with extensive quantitative, engineering, and business experience.
Headquartered in Boston, we have offices in San Francisco, Berlin, Cologne, and Zurich. Our product line includes algorithmic pricing, data-driven claims management, and high-dimensional forecasting solutions. Our customers include some of the largest financial, retail, and healthcare organizations in the US and Europe. We impact core business processes and decisions by combining data insights with scalable engineering solutions.
- Cross-location team events (e.g. team dinners, retreats)
- Attend and contribute to international conferences
- Unlimited coffee, snacks & fresh fruits
- Employee stock options
- Flat hierarchies
- High-end hardware
- Participation in Open Source projects
- Great insights in different industries
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.