- London, UK
Website Octopus Energy
We're using the latest technology and green generation to transform energy for customers, bringing the UK cheaper, greener, fairer energy.
About this job
Senior Software Engineer About Us Founded in 2017 we are Germany’s first fully digital energy provider. We leverage cutting edge technology alongside a positive and compelling brand voice to bring a unique offering to the energy market. Our customer centric approach ensures we align product development with the needs of our community. Unlike traditional firms, we view our customers as a valuable resource and sincerely believe that together we can build a brighter future. We are a technical led company with huge ambitions to disrupt this sector. Our mission is to leverage technology to provide our community with an unparalleled experience, making 4hundred the defacto standard for the German energy market. Our efforts have not gone unnoticed and we are extremely pleased to announce that we now have the full support and backing of Octopus energy, an award-winning UK energy supplier who share our passion and values.
The Role We are looking for a talented, passionate individual with demonstrable technical capabilities who has an eye for attention to detail. Someone who is OCD about the code they produce adhering to SOLID engineering principles. You will work in a collaborative agile environment and have excellent verbal communication skills with the confidence to partake in dev calls where you will be expected to contribute to the overall discussion.
Other aspects of the role include (but are not limited to)
- Immerse yourself in the service fabric – how it works and the various microservices
- Deliver clean code
- Be a champion of mocking and unit testing
- Contribute to the architectural decisions
- Mentor and manage less experienced members of the team
- Work within a geographically diverse environment
- Work with non-technical stakeholders within the business to understand
- and refine complex requirements
- Handling multiple, competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Some travel (primarily in Europe)
The Stack Our server-side platform is built around Microsoft and .NET technologies. We use Service Fabric hosted on Azure to drive our microservices architecture and internally use a service bus as the transport layer as well as a distributed transaction coordinator. As we look to be come increasingly integrated with Octopus’s platform, experience with Python, Django and AWS will also be useful. Our data persistence approach is polyglot and consists of traditional RDB’s alongside reliable storage (a distributed key value pair storage system). On the client-side we use Angular, NgRX and SASS.
What you offer
- 5+ years of solid industry experience in .NET/C#
- Commercial experience using Python
- In depth understanding of design patterns, when they are important and how to apply them
- An abundance of self-discipline is an absolute must
- A passion for refactoring (both in terms of code and architecture)
- Past experience and ideas that can help improve our platform and processes
- Experience across a number of technologies
- Ability to work effectively both autonomously and as part of larger team
- Extensive knowledge and experience of software engineering practices such as CI/CD/TDD, instrumentation and telemetry
What we offer
- Flexible working environment
- A supportive, challenging and agile environment
- The opportunity to travel and work with an international, highly engaged team
- A competitive salary
- The opportunity to work across a variety of technologies
- Work across multiple domains within both businesses
- Access to training courses, learning, development
- Free fruit and hot drinks (if you’re in the office)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Equity Scheme
Life at Octopus Energy
About Octopus Energy
4hundred is a new breed of energy provider – it’s digital energy supply designed for people, by people:
At the heart of our company, there’s the 4hundred community. We allow you to get involved in as many aspects our business as possible. We run our ideas by you and really listen to what you have to say and change what we do accordingly.
– We treat all customers equally and everyone gets the same great price
– Subventionsgeschäftsmodell? Nicht mit uns. – If you are in credit, you’ll earn our 4% annual interest reward. It’s our way of saying thank you.
– We tell customers exactly what it costs us to supply energy to their home, and we’ll never charge them more than than that, plus €8 a month per fuel on top.
– We believe locking in customers into a year-long contract isn’t necessary – and so with 4hundred you’ll never will be.
– Oh, and our electricity is 100% Ökostrom (naturally)
For more information, visit http://www.4hundred.com
- Funds to help your development
- Work with a passionate, talented team changing energy for the better
- Entrepreneurial working environment
- Help planning for your future
- Free drinks every Friday
- Work for a company fighting climate change
- Regular team socials and company off sites
To apply for this job please visit stackoverflow.com.