Building the world-leading global-scale secure distributed platform for legal documents
About this job
Currently our technology hub of 30+ Engineers are located in Skopje, along with our CTO. But in the wake of the successful launch of our product, we are now accelerating development in line with our overall growth plans.
We are building a world class Engineering function here in London to complement our existing team in Skopje. To do this we need to hire a number of senior Software Engineers to act as the core of this new team, led by our newly appointed London based VP of Engineering.
Specific projects include building a document Editor from scratch, developing a model for controlled and secure Document Collaboration, using meta-data to build a fast indexing Document Library and creating a complex Core architecture that allows us to scale. More details regarding these projects and the associated Engineering challenges can be found on our Stack Overflow company page.
What about you?
There are many definitions as to what makes a great Engineer and even what word best describes the job – Developer, Programmer? If you’re the sort of person who identifies themselves as a Software Engineer – someone who enjoys developing a breadth of skills instead of being a specialist and has a deep hunger to learn – then we want to hear from you!
‘Relevant experience’ can be a pretty broad term, but below are some criteria we value highly:
- 5+ years of professional experience
- CompSci or technical education to degree level, but if not, then strong technical experience in previous roles
- Strong demonstration of ‘quality first’ software engineering process experience: code review, Test Driven Design (TDD), automated unit/integration test, CI / CD systems
- Design and Analysis experience
- Been part of agile delivery teams (Scrum a bonus)
Bonus experience would include:
- Amazon Web Services experience (AWS) preferred, other cloud providers Google Compute Engine / Azure would be easy to convert from
- Been part of SaaS product engineering teams
- 1 or more senior roles at different companies
- Distributed systems experience
- Node.js ecosystem experience nice to have
For senior candidates we would also be looking for:
- 8+ years of professional experience
- Demonstrated leadership in previous role(s) – this is technical leadership, but if there is genuine evidence of line management experience that is a bonus
- Amazon Web Services experience (AWS) essential
- Node.js ecosystem experience essential
- Distributed systems knowledge.
- Work with some seriously smart and experienced engineers – our London leadership team is comprised of ex-Google and ex-Apple employees with experience of developing multiple large-scale distributed systems across multiple organisations and teams!
- Help shape and define the next iteration of our product to set the foundations for a world-scale secure architecture.
- Work alongside and collaborate with leaders in banking, law and tech, who are not only seriously smart but are also genuinely fun!
- Have an impact in shaping a business – help us create an Engineering function which is not only building truly exciting things but is also a fun place to be!
- Collaborative and transparent culture – feel empowered to come up with your own ideas and actually make them happen
- Stock options.
- Flexible working – everyone who works at H4 is trusted to get the job done, so work when you want, where you want!
- Regular team socials.
To apply for this job please visit stackoverflow.com.